{ Mixed media and.. back to scrapbooking }

vendredi 20 mars 2015

 The past few weeks have been taugh ones. I spent way too many hours at work and I caught a nasty cough/ cold that I am not rid of yet.
But, encouraged by a book I am reading right now, "The fringe Hours" I have tried to make time as much as I can for things that make me happy. I have not achieved my aim of "once a day creativity, though!"

Ces dernières semaines ont été un vrai challenge! J'ai passé beaucoup trop d'heures au travail et je combats un énorme rhume/ bronchite...
Mais, encouragée par mon tout nouveau livre des chevet, "The fringe hours", je m'efforce de laisser de la place pour ma créativité aussi souvent que possible. Je n'y arrive pas tous les soirs cependant!!


I am really enjoying the classes I am taking in mixed media art: both are taught by Christy Tomlinson and I am learning loads !!
I like that, in mixed media, perfection is not the aim. You just enjoy the process and get your hands dirty, which I could not be happier to do!

J'essaye aussi de ne pas me mettre de barrière et de faire simplement ce qui me plait, sans me soucier de savoir si je suis douée ou pas!! je fais juste ce qui me rend heureuse! 
J'ai découvert récemment le Mixed media par le biais de 2 classes enseignées par Christy Tomlinson, une artiste américaine et je me suis amusée à patouiller, sans rechercher la perfection. 
 I painted three girls so far and one of them was gifted to encourage a young woman.

Voici donc le résultat de ces classes pour l'instant, mes " "filles"!




I have also been drawing a little, and I am trying not to be to hard on myself about it. I used to draw all the time when I was a kid and a teenager. I love it but I am not very good at it, being self-taught. I am hoping that practice will make perfect some day!!

Je me suis aussi remise à dessiner, en essayant de ne pas écouter cette petite voix dans ma tête qui me dit sans arrêt que je n'ai aucun don pour le dessin, et que ça allait bien quand j'étais gamine! 

 Last but not least, I have been wanting to go back to scrapbooking more and more.
You might not konw it if you read this blog ( does anyone read this blog these days???) but I started this blog in order to document and share my scrapbooking endeavours.
I used to design for great companies such as American Crafts, Crate Paper, Elle's Studio, ...It was awesome. But whe I got back to working full time I had to prioritize and I had to let go of all these great design teams!

ET enfin, "last but not least"; j'ai eu récemment des envies de scrap!! et oui! après un break d'un an, j'ai à nouveau envie de scrapper et de documenter notre vie. J'ai envie de beaux papiers et d’embellissements! comme avant! c'est donc très timidement et comme une débutante, que j'ai commencé à remplir mon album Capture. J'espère que je retrouverai bientôt mes réflexes créatifs!!


I have no ambition to go back to design teams, but I miss documenting our lives.
So, slowly and very shyly, I got back to my Basic Grey Captures books and started filling the pockets!
It feels really great !I am still hesitant, like a beginner, and it takes me ages to achieve such a small result. But I am confident inspiration will come back and I will embrace scrapbooking just like I used to do it!

Do you manage to embrace and make room for your creativity in the midst of daily life? 
I hope you do!!


6 commentaires:

  1. Yay! I love that you're scrapbooking again!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I think this is great. I am thinking about getting in to mixed media - your work is fantastic! God bless you

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. They are lovely and look a bit like you)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. these girls are so pretty. and i love your painting! one can really feel the creativity that runs through you...

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Coucou, ... qu'est-ce que c'est ? ta petite voie te dit que tu n'es pas douée pour le dessin ?! Oups, laisse moi te dire, si tu le permets, que c'est totalement FAUX ! Je suis en admiration devant tes réalisations (perso, j'en suis incapable), c'est juste sublime ! un énorme bravo. Quant à documenter ta (votre) vie, je ne peux qu'applaudir à deux mains, c'est juste trop bien ! bravooo, big bisou

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. It's so great to hear that you are back, Sophie!! I always loved your creations!! Can't wait to see what you will create now :)

    RépondreSupprimer

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground